Families need to work hard at taking time for each other in order to establish and maintain close relationships and develop family unity. This can be achieved by:
- Prioritizing your time – be deliberate about when you will spend time with the family.
- Put it in the calendar and make it a regular time each week.
- Choose activities that everyone will enjoy and will create interaction… Turn off the TV!
- Adopt a family hobby e.g. crafts, play musical instruments, fish, play sports
- Participate in your children’s activities
- Use this as an opportunity to teach family values, etiquette and other important principles.
A happy family must do more than just work together. Just as family dinner time and family days out give time to laugh and play together, so does family night. The more time you can get together the better!!!